- Split Peas (soaked overnight) 200 g
- Beef Stock 400 ml
- Boneless Pork Shoulder Steaks (shoulder chops) 1
- Smoked Bacon (diced small) 100 g
- Leeks (thinly sliced) 75 g
- Celery Root (peeled and diced small) 1/2
- Russet Potatoes (peeled and medium diced) 120 g
- Smoked Sausage (sliced) 1
- Water 620 ml
- Broth Tablets as needed
- Rye Bread Croutons (optional) as needed
- Mustard (optional) as needed
- Sour Cream (optional) as needed
Tools that you will need
- Large mixing bowl
- Large Spoon
- Medium mixing bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
Cooking Steps 1/ Prep Cooking
Strain the Split Peas
Connect your Cookware
Turn the burner on and place the cookware on it. Tap the cookware twice until the symbol apears on the cooktop. Select Boiling/ Cooking with Water and set the temperature to 100°C.
1. Add the Following Ingredients and Begin to Cook
Add the ingredients and stir to combine. Cook for 10 minutes uncovered at the set temperature.
|Split Peas(soaked)||200 grams|
|Boneless Pork Shoulder Steaks(shoulder chops)||1|
|Smoked Bacon(diced)||100 grams|
|Broth Tablets||as needed|
|Celeriac (diced small)||115 grams|
|Leeks (thinly sliced)||75 grams|
2. Place the Lid and Continue Simmering the Soup
3. Remove the Pork Shoulder
Transfer the meat to a plate and set aside.
4. Add the Potatoes and Sausage and Finish Cooking the Soup
Add the ingredients and stir to combine. Continue cooking the soup for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
|Russet Potatoes(medium dice)||120 grams|
5. Cut the Pork Shoulder Steaks
While the soup continues to cook, cut the pork into 1/2 inch (1cm) cubes or pieces and return to the pot.
|Boneless Pork Shoulder Steak (small dice)||all|
6. Serve Immediately
Turn the burner off, then ladle the soup into bowls and serve hot, with a couple of dollops of sour cream, mustard, or rye croutons if desired.
|Rye Croutons (optional)||as needed|
|Mustard (optional)||as needed|
|Sour Cream(optional)||as needed|
Good job! We hope you enjoy your meal. Feel free to share on social media and remember to tag #CelsiusCooking!